(click to enlarge)
ThanksTurkey is a 24”x35” poster. Each purchase comes with a poster, 32 blank feathers, and instructions for use. The total cost is $15. A portion of the cost goes to fund ThanksTurkey operations and product production. The majority of the cost goes to the organization/group who is hosting the fundraiser. Any additional proceeds will go to the Food Bank.
2011 is our first year. In future years, we’ll offer new posters, feather refills, and memory books.
How it Works (continued)
It’s easy to be a part of the ThanksTurkey experience!
- Buy the ThanksTurkey kit at your local fundraiser event.
- The excitement builds as Thanksgiving approaches…
- Hang the ThanksTurkey poster on a door (simply using tape, tacks, or wall putty) where you’ll ensure traffic to both post and read the “thanks” notes.
- Set the blank feathers out with pens, pencils or crayons. Have everyone write what they are thankful for and post the feather(s) on the ThanksTurkey. Don’t forget to help the youngest at your gathering – they can participate by having someone capture their thanks on their very own feather(s), or they may even want to draw their “thanks.”
- ThanksTurkey notes may be heart-felt or humorous – the point is to have fun and share blessings with one another.
- Save the feather-shaped notes so you can cherish the memories from each year.
- And don’t forget to tell your friends about the ThanksTurkey and what it meant to your gathering!